Thursday, June 14, 2012

So much to Update on

Well....Akira finally did a proper proposual...except since I have a ring, he gave me a diamond key necklace from Tiffany's.  I love it!  I told him to not spend so much money, that I didn't need it...but I have to be honest, I probably will never take it off.  I don't know how he knew, but I've always wanted one, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money on myself, and not use towards something logical...like paying down debt.  But it's beautiful and his proposal was so sweet.  We love this little town called Kernville, it has a white water river, near the giant sequoia trees, mountains, snow in the winter, and tons of hot springs.  It's very small, the town only has two stop lights and it was built from confederate soldiers that fled the rebuilt south.  We love it.  So we camped out on the river last weekend, waded in the river some, and when we got back, he got down on his knees and asked me to marry him.

We had waited to announce everything in hopes that his mother would come around, but that doesn't seem to ever happen, so he just told her that he was going to marry then and to please accept his decision. It still makes me really sad that she doesn't approve, but I'm really hoping once I go over there that maybe she will come around.

So I was and am extremely happy.  The entire weekend was just amazing, dirt roads, free range cattle and real cowboys, trains and hot springs, really really big trees that smelled wonderful...it really really reminded me of Alabama.  I miss it there so much, I swear I bleed the color of the red clay there.  But Kernville with its abondoned gold mines and ghost towns, it's like living in the real wild west, it's still wild there.  It was the perfect place to pop the question romantically, since a month ago we decided it like a business contract. 

So I'm a very happy panda.  And I feel extremely blinged out.  I have an all diamond watch, a massive diamond ring, and now a diamond necklace, all part of my engagement gifts...so I don't want to take them off, but when I'm in a tshirt and jeans....I feel really shy about it all.  I make it really clear to everyone I'm far from rich, I'm dirt poor actually because everything I earn I use almost all of it save a $100 a week towards paying off debt so after summer I can start saving up.   But...I'm really happy.

On top of that, I'm at 133 pounds right now!  So just 13 more pounds to go!!!! I'm so thrilled!  It's due to the lack of drinking I think...cause I can't afford to drink now, LOL.  But it's okay...I think I have my wedding dress picked out too, I'll have to get it shipped though, it's from a small boutique in Alabama that I used during my short lived pagenent days.  And I'm pretty sure I have a location and date...if I can get Akira to agree to it....he's being really difficult on that part...which is really annoying me...but I'm trying to be as understanding as I can be about it all...

But it's an old, small western town, turned into vineyard/steakhouse in Fallbrook where my mother lives...and I love it...I think it would be A- really cheap to reserve since they aren't very busy and unknown, B- easy to decorate as a multi culture festival, I can easily turn it into a Japanese like theme with laterns and all...and C- it has a chapel at the end of the "town".  I really really want it.  Or in Alabama...looool.  I can dream right?

*sigh*

Well I have a lot more to say, but I'm pretty zoned out because Dad is ranting and it's getting really entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment