Thursday, November 15, 2012

real update.

Alright, I've been due for a decent, slightly less emotional post then the usual, update.

Akira's sister is going to come visit us, probably in Jan. which is great because she's going through extreme heart break...and has lost the will to go on a few times....resulting in a break from school (actually she was forced to not come back until the guy that broke her heart finishes school...yet another action showing how barbaric Japanese society and government treat women and their rights.  Had it been done in the States, the guy would be expelled from medical school, banned from it in fact, and charged with attempted murder and probably be in jail without bail....but in Japan...*rolls eyes*) and a long over due trip back to the States where she spent her childhood.

One thing I have noticed with his sisters is that there is the issue of blending into Japanese society completely and I think it's due to the fact that they spent their early childhood in Ohio in the typical all American fashion. With Akira, he had had issues being alfa male and what it means to be manly in Japan vs being manly in the States, and that goes along with treatment of women.  When I was in Japan, the only other man that ever opened my door or showed me any kind of charming mannerism was Akira's father (who is just as adorable as Akira might I add).  So...the battle of the sexes and their roles are also a conflict within the girls.  Now I have to admit, Akira's sisters are quite pretty.  They do not really try to do that whole Asian girl trying to look like a white girl ordeal...but they do have that maple dyed hair (close to my natural color actually thanks to my strawberry mother lol) very pale skin and very thin framed.  They are soft spoken and very low energized.  So in that respect they are very Japanese, but then they talk.  And it's so American.  Hand movements, sarcasm, a fairly strong ego for a Japanese woman...ect.  So...like Akira, they are slightly outcasted.  Which I think is a shame for society, they would certainly benefit by knowing these strong willed women if you ask me, and of course I adore my Akira who is now even a slight feminist now that protective brother mode has kicked in.

I have to say, I'm very please with his family.  And through all this tragedy, his parents and sisters have gotten extremely close to me and his mom fully trusts me.  So now...I'm very proud to be and very lovingly ready to be part of their family.

In other news, my relationship with Akira isn't going very well....not that anything dramatic has happened, but we hardly ever see each other, never have days off together...Sunday will be our first whole day together since Japan.

So...

We will see.... I hope it'll be a good day...but I always worry that he has a crush on some little server working for him or something...I dunno.

I dunno.

Our apartment is wonderful.  It's a lot like a house...or a condo I guess.  Very very very pleased with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment