Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's not a date...It is a date. Part 1

So time goes along and Akira comes back from Chicago, and I truly think nothing of it because that day my mother had to put her poodle down due to illness, so when the following Monday rolls around I get a text from Akira...first of him in Chicago under a sign that says Akira, and the next text is asking if I'm free for dinner either Tuesday or Thursday.  I agreed to both, but due to our work schedule's...it turned into a Friday night where we both ended up late...but I'm getting a head of myself. 


So Friday morning came along and I was getting dressed and as I was getting dressed I realized I would have no time to change for dinner...but did I even need to dress up?  Was this even a date?  So I went to my mother in my poka dotted shirt and jeans and asked her if Akira had asked me on a date, or was this a friendly dinner???  I am not use to men and women being friends...I have yet to actually meet a man who just wanted to be friends...even men I had known for years and I thought we were friends, over the past few years, one by one admitted to being in love and a few asked me to marry them much to my shock and disappointment.

Now Akira on the other hand has a TON of female friends (saddly most that I have encountered have added drama in our lives but that's later on), and not a lot of man friends, at least none as close to him as his female counter parts.  So I was completely confused and I honestly thought the guy was a player.  (we had added each other on facebook)  

So with that reasoning, both my mother and I thought it was NOT a date, and therefore my attire was just fine because I certainly wasn't going to be played again by any man. 

So I went to work, and while I was at work my mother popped in with what we thought was a poodle puppy (that's another story) and as I was playing with the puppy, Akira texted me and asked me if I wanted to meet at the place (which was still undecided) or if he should pick me up like a real date?  I showed the text to my mother in panic.  It was a date!!!! I rushed to the first teeny bopper store I could find and bought a white lacy top (cause if a player was going to take me out then I was going to play back, I wasn't going to be a victim or seem unprepared)...and started doing my hair, nails, and make up...via down the freeway.

We had agreed to meet at a local Wal-Mart, because one, I wasn't sure I wanted him to know where I lived, and two, I didn't want to end up at his place after the date so I didn't want to drive to him...so we decided on Wal-Mart.  (I know that sounds like white trash, but if you have been through what I have been, it never hurts to be a little paranoid) 

Like I said, I get men coming on to me every single day.  And it would be fine if they were gentlemen, like most men in the South, but hell no...there are a lot of fucking weirdos out there.  Examples are men randomly coming up and playing with my hair, one guy even kissed it, others include stalking me on the freeway, on the train, stalking me at work, getting people to ask about me, one guy even pretended to be a computer geek and talked to me like I was his mistress and he was my slave (he would be like, I'll do anything you want, you smell so sweet you can do nothing wrong), I would get a host at a steakhouse whispering into my ear the things he wanted to do to me in that red dress...while I would be waiting for a table...I get customers calling me up at work asking me if I can sing to them or moan (I have a small voice, I guess high pitched but I'm soft spoken...so it could be that...I dunno...it could be these guys are perverts)...and all kinds of just plain out weird shit.  So with what I have heard of Japanese men....I wasn't going to take any chances.  Call me paranoid, but I know...there are more men that a fucking weirdos then not.

So I sat in my car, waiting for him in the Wal-Mart parking lot, and he called telling me he was driving around looking for me.  So I started driving around looking for him.  This went on for a good 15 min when we realized we were at different Wal Marts.  I was mortified because I thought it was my fault, but he laughed and laughed and blamed it on himself and told me to stay right there, that he was on his way and even apologized.

Well...that actually...eased me.  I hung up, giggled, and turned on the music and started singing along.   Sooner then I realized, he pulled up, jumped out of the car, and opened the door...to both cars...whisling along to the song I was just singing!!!  I got a little flushed at seeing him...but as soon as we got into the car, he started laughing and telling me how perfect our date started out to where we were both late, and both in the wrong location!  And then went right along with the song and handed me his ipod.  "I dunno what you want to listen to...but I made this song list last night because I figured you'd enjoy something in there, "  he started sliding the list back and forth on the iPod and I was surprised cause it was all classic rock, and all really great songs.  So I just gave it back to him and told him it was a great list and asked him where we were going?

"Welllllllllllll....I don't know.  I was going to take you to a place with great prime rib...that I needed to see for work...but I think we should stay away from work and go to the docks from some seafood?  What do ya say?"  His english was flawless, no accent at all...classic rock...I was starting to realize I had no clue what this guy was up to.  I told him seafood sounded great...and started to get nervous again....

No comments:

Post a Comment