Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Mother and moments of wisedom.

Is quite a woman.  Now so is my father, I could write on and on about them, and how I admire them both, but my mother I can blissfully say is also a great friend.

She grew up with a silver spoon, and yet she's pretty humble and chose love (my father, an immgrate from third world Iran...who grew up poorer then dirt and yet made himself into a successful man and brought as much as the family as he could out of the revolt in Iran when he left in 1978)...but my mother is truly open minded.  She grew everywhere but here in the States.  She was actually born in Japan (her niece was Cherryblossom Queen...not sure what that means, other then I'm surprised the South's love for beauty contests brought her to Japan as well) and traveled the world.  She spent her teen years in Kwait, Saudi Arabia, and Iran.  Now that I'm older and I can see my parents as people, I can see how my father fell in love with her so deeply.  She's just a cute person...correction she's a beautiful person.  Always happy and loving, cutely shy and a complete blonde.  

Anyhow, Akira has been having one hell of a week traveling on the job.  I drove up to LA last night to stay with him, hoping we'd enjoy a day of shopping since his job has destroyed almost every outfit he owns...but alas...his 21 hour work day got into the mix, and it's not his fault.  He's 25 and in charge of a massive massive project in the company.  The company has been failing, and this project could single handingly save it, and they put him in charge of it.  Now he can certainly do it.  He's extremely bright and a very hard worker, but I get scared at how hard he pushes himself.  I could see him as one of those guys the find dead at his desk. 

He's suppose to come home for tonight, and as I was leaving LA back to San Diego to go to the shop and get things for dinner, my mother called and I told her all about what was going on and she promised me that she would talk to some people to tell them to do their part.  A lot of people have been slacking, and since it's Akira's project, he blames himself for it all, but really...I think it's just the American/ Japanese work eithic that is causing all these issues because the project is pumping out very fast and well...we just don't operate that quick.  So my mother told me what I should cook and what I should do since at 25 Akira's blood pressure is oddly high, even though he has a great body and eats well....I blame it on the company.

But she eased me and I think she talked to Akira as well...the only thing any of us can do is just try to make the rest of his life smooth sailing.  My life is pretty easy going, and I don't mind going in circles for him when he's going through hell.  I'm a feminist but I'm not a bitch.  Dinner and a clean home with a hot bath...no problemo dear!  Just get home in piece...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing about your mum, she is as kind as she is beautiful. I followed you from your comment on Alwaysleavingthingsunfinishe, yours was one of the sensible comments there.
    Keep writing, your story is really interesting.
    I don't have a blog, I'm 26 married to a Japanese guy and living in Vietnam.
    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liza! Yeah that was an insane about of debate on that one entry of hers, lol. She sounds like she's handling it well :-) Thanks for reading my blog :"> I hope to get to know you better :-D

    ~Tiffany~

    ReplyDelete