Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Last stint...at least for a month or so...

Akira has been traveling for work since Feb. and now...finally, next Wednesday will be his last little trip (he's been setting up a new production line for the food company he works for, which has so far been successful...pretty proud of my young hot shot!) and as a cause for celebration, I caved in and told him okay on getting a cat...so long as we move to a bigger place (we live in a really nice studio right now..I'm going to miss it) but we are planning on moving to a one bedroom in the same complex...that way the cat will have a patio.  I have to say, we are both excited and not so excited about this move.  We've been living together for almost a year, in a place where there was no escape from each other.  We became a team in our studio...I'm not gonna lie...while as exciting it is to get a new home together...I'm really going to miss our home that we are in now. 

But...Akira is right, we are moving forward..and the cat is something we can bring with us to Japan...I'm hoping that some way that little ball of fur will help me cope with the shock I'm about to endure. 

Anyhow, Akira is going to be home now!!!!  Back to regular cooking and cleaning, and mornings running around each other.  I'm really looking forward to it!  I have to admit, it's been nice being alone, I've never lived alone and these past few months made me realize (so long as Akira calls daily) I'm pretty secure in our relationship and pretty happy.

Akira's mom is coming around.  She requested that my Japanese be decent at a verbal level as she is studying up on her English to talk to me.  I told Akira to tell her that learning english isn't needed, that I would be more then happy to speak in Japanese with her, even in broken Japanese.  But I admit, if I were her, I'd learn English too...not to speak to me...but to understand what I'm saying to Akira.  So not that I'm an awful person or anything, but I will have to make sure I don't cuss. 

Chinami told me that what we are doing to Akira's mother is going to make his mother hate me for the rest of her life.  I'd really like to avoid that, but with the time the paperwork takes...I don't see how we can endure a proper engagment...by lack of time we have to marry quickly.  By lack of time as well, we can't run over to Japan for the weekend...we both are working all the time.  Akira and I have no desire to spend any time seperated.  And if that means that the first year is spent with his mother not liking me...then saddly that's what I'll have to go through.  She can't be a horrible person or unreasonable because Akira is so extremely humble and grounded.  I'm going to get her a gift with an apology writen and send it off when Akira sends his package this month to his family.  I feel really bad...I really really really do...and for her to start accepting this must mean she has a good bit of trust in Akira...still...I know she's not liking what is going on...

Good times to come :-/

I honestly don't know what I can do from so far away to ease her worries...

I'm starting a wedding scrap book to bring with me in October so that she can help me plan our wedding...  I'm hoping that will make her happy...instead of angry...I really don't know what to do.

Learn Japanese which is what I'm doing, even all my music and tv has changed to Japanese.  I'm trying to absorb and retain as much as I can...but it's a very hard...it's nothing like arabic or french or english....I know I'm going to sound so stupid (or baka...oooooh bet I sounded stupid right then!)  but I'm going to try my best!

I'm a pretty happy little engaged girl right now.  Akira, as always, can smooth any wrinkle of fear I have and pump me up for our up coming life. 



Niigata!  I'm getting ready for you!  ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Learing Japanese is hard, I agree! Ganbatte!

    Hope, all goes well when meeting his mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle :-D <3 <3 <3 I hope so too!

      Delete