Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Scratch that

It's so dead at work this week...I'm sure it's due to the holiday but still....

Last night I met one of Akira's friends, and I have to admit, up until now I've only met his pervy Japanese co-workers...so I was pretty surprised to find this guy to be not only a decent person, but a very good person as well.  He's one of his friends from Ohio and he came with his wife who was equally amazing.  They are both artists turned graphics designers turned teachers, and they are our age as well. 

Anyhow, it was nice to hear his friend talk about Akira's mom and sisters...he made them sound just like how Akira is, and that relaxed me a lot.  His friend even went out to Japan and visited Akira for a few days when they were 14 (they have been friends since 1st grade but Akira moved back to Japan after sixth grade) where they had a marvelous (so it seemed) time in a ninja house (which his wife and I found extremely funny). 

Both of them are Star Wars dorks and bright and just dorky in a really loving way.  The guy's wife was like a cool suburbian hippie, which I adore those types, and well...it was really nice to hang out with them and see more of Akira's life besides work. 

In other news, looks like our move is going to be delayed or not happen at all since Akira got assigned a new project in a different city for a few months....so just when I think he's coming home...

He'll be home for about six weeks, then he'll be two hours north from our apartment, which actually puts him only 30min east of where I work...so what he's going to do is ask if he can get placed in an extended stay hotel and then that way I could stay with him.  I've been worried about his eating habits because his mom and sisters think he's getting fat.

He's not fat at all, he's extremely buffed up right now, but I agree that since he's been on the road he hasn't been eating very healthy, so I'd like to be around him for dinners again,  and I also would like to keep an eye to make sure he's quit smoking.  He has seven days left, actually, WE have seven days left to light up whenever we want, however I've almost completely quit and now anytime I'm around it or smoke I cough and sneeze up a storm.  A reaction that I cherish because if it weren't for that I could see myself easily slipping back into habit. 

Akira seems a bit depressed about it all, but I've been trying to keep my bounciness up so that he won't get too sad.  I'm sad too...but there isn't anything we can really do about it.  I'm just going to have to try to make this summer really fun for him.  I'm thinking theme parks and a lot of camping. I think he's just starting to feel like everyone is pulling him in every direction, and Akira just doesn't like that.  You give him a list and a time frame, the man has got it, he'll do it faster then you predicted and oddly better too...but if you throw everything at him at once, he gets stressed out.  I think anyone would... 

Anyhow, I really hope everything goes well.  I really love him so much <3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment