Monday, June 25, 2012

Eye rant...then PAPERWORK PREP!

Apparently I'm enrolled in an imaginary masters class.  I got an email from a professor asking where I've been the past 7 days, and I was like, ummmm....I wasn't aware I signed up for any classes....

So I've been calling my advisor who isn't picking up the phone, just to be like, hey....I know I'm on loans, but it would be great to not charge me on this one. 

Anyhow...Akira and I figured out what is weird about circle lens, and it's the fact that they make the wrong part of the eye bigger and that's what makes people look like demons when they wear them.

Big eyes are big because the actual shape of the eye is larger, that means there is a great deal of "white" color in the eye.  This is quite pretty and attractive.  The lens, however; make the center of the eye bigger, which isn't naturally occurring and therefore ends up looking like a demon.  Akira told me that in Japan is started with the more gothic and geek group, the lens wearing, but somehow it turned into this thing that girls in high school and college wear daily.  I asked him what J-men think of this fashion, and he told me that more traditional men and serious men as well as older men do not find the trend tasteful, but that young boys (again in high school- college) sometimes find it attractive just to look at but that most men would rather date a girl who actually had large eyes. 

That makes sense.  SO I've decided to give my hate towards them a rest sense it seems to be a moronic phase like my purple lipstick once was...(eeeee bad choices). 

Now....on to the important stuff.

If you ever happen to find yourself in my ordeal....an American marrying a Japanese man...and you need paperwork on BOTH sides....deal with the Japanese embassey if you are in the States.

Lucky for us, we have one in LA that makes monthly trips to San Diego even.

What has been requested....on my side....

1. Offical copy of Birth certificate
2. Passport
3. Two passport photos
4. Marriage certificate (American one) to Akira

The visa I will be issued is a dependency visa, which only allows 36 hours a week to work (lol...) and that basically I am a dependent of Akira.

But in order to get that visa, we have to have a Japanese marriage certificate...sooooo...what is required of Akira is....

1. Family registry or...Koseki
2. Passport
3. American marriage certificate
4. Letter of Intent (this is where Akira explains why he's marrying me and what he intends our life to be like in Japan)

All of our paperwork, along with letter, is then mailed to the Embassy where we await serval months to get the Japanese marriage registered.

We need it to be registered so I can get the Dependency visa.

So that's the Japanese side....for the American size...we get to deal with ICE, if you are out of the States then you would deal with an Embassy. 

Things they need....

1. Passports
2. Marriage certificate (clearly I'm going to order more then one of these suckers)
3. Basically you stand by to be interviewed at any time, any where, and family is not safe in this one either....to verify that the marriage is real.  Once this is made, you cough up about $3000 and you wait about a year for the greencard.

I look forward to dealing with the US Embassy and avoiding ICE entirely because I've seen and heard awful things about the department (however, I have a feeling it's like the DMV, where the system just pisses everyone off, but when outside the department the people are actually pretty nice and normal).

So......

We will go to Akira's family's honoring of ancestors and stay a week in Japan in which I will take a million notes on things needed, wanted, and to prepare for, as well as I'm hoping to spend a day looking at apartments and houses to rent. 

Then once we come back, we'll get married and then submit our paperwork.  I'm ready!

But first...my cram session of Japanese and working over time all July! SCORE!

Then in August, Akira is going to be working 40 days straight!

I will have.......!!!!!

No life.

But....I'm soon to be a wife!

;-)

AND!!!!!!!

NEW APARTMENT ON JULY 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We have a view! We are on a hill!!!!!! I have a walk in closet!!!!

You better believe Akira is getting lucky constantly <3  Boy knows how to sweep me off my feet!



2 comments:

  1. Wah! A lot to do! Working overtime and studying Japanese? I'm not sure this will work out...

    The mail of your professor reminds me of a mail I got lately telling me I had bought a clock for 7000€. Very interesting. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm not sure how it will work out either, but I've always worked full time or more whenever I'm in school and I usually over loaded on both, so the only thing I'm nervous about is that it's a one month cram course in Japanese I, but then I'm doing a normal class of Japanese II, then another one month cram for III, and then a normal course in IV, so I can be as prepped as I can be for the move. I really can't handle the idea of not working full time, LOL, so I'll do anything to down size my work downtime....

    I would like to do something other than teach...but I'm not going to get my hopes up, I'll be happy if I can just survive there somewhat normally.... as for work, I've always done 50 hours a week, which is nothing compared to Akira, but now I'm going to be taking classes, as well as Japanese classes, and so my work will suffer...so I'm sure I'll need over time...which is fine but kills the summer.

    Again, it's nothing to Akira's work load, so it makes me feel better because usually neither of us is home until 9pm or later, LOL. But yes, my professor emailed and told me she had me on the wrong docket list... so that's good, I called her like 10 times yesterday because my loans are going to be maxed out by the time I'm done with everything :-(

    Wow! What kind of clock was it????

    ReplyDelete