Wednesday, July 25, 2012

1,000 cranes for Mom

So...if you've been keeping up then you'll know that my mother is a fighter and survivor of a few cancers.  She defended cervixal and ovarian cancer...but is fighting bladder and skin cancer.  She was in remission until recently, and is now going through another stint of kemo.  So Akira came up with an amazing gift.  A thousand paper cranes. 

There are a few stories on this...but one of the reasons for making this long task of paper birds is a form of love...a wish to get well.  Now they are also used at weddings, decor, ect...but there is a sweet story of a little girl who was sick and made them (one story says she finished, another said she died and it was finished and then buried with her later...either way she was sick), so it's popular for the Japanese to make these paper prayers whenever there is somone they love that is sick and they are pretty much helpless to help. 

So all week long Akira and I have been working on them, and it's taking forever!  But it's a great gift. 

In other news we are going to Vegas for the weekend for a wedding.  I hate Vegas.  It is by far the trashest place in the USA.  I hate it hate it hate it.  It's over priced and wayyyyyyyyyyyy over rated.  The clubs suck, the gambling sucks, the rooms suck.  I mean, LA beats Vegas any day in everyway.  But I hate the people there the most.  They seem to be hicks from all corners of the world who come out for a week and pretend to be rich when clearly they aren't if they gasp at a $15 cocktail.  They party like slobs and become a sea of vomit smelling perverts. 

Clearly I'm going for the wedding and coming right back.

Almost thought about using Dad's new plane...but I doubt Dad will let his precious out of his sight.  Too bad, I'd really like to take Akira up.

So...yes...still having issues getting laid due to the pets being so needy.  So the up side to Vegas is that I can finally lock Akira in and give him some proper lovin'. 

I need to pay more attention to Akira I think.  I've been so busy with the animals and trying to set everything up that I feel like I'm neglecting Akira.  So when he comes home today I'll give him a bath and feed him some rich Persian food.

He's such a good man.  I feel like I'm surround with adorable faces whenever I come home <3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment