Thursday, September 6, 2012

Don't think! Just throw!

So we are leaving on the 26 because Akira's dad made a scheldule for us...for the entire family, day by day....and his wish is to have us by the 27 which means we have to fly out the 26.... 

I have to admit the chart was pretty damn cute in the dorkiest ways, and completely reminded me of Akira.  Akira is a major dork...and let me tell you something, nothing tugs at my heart like a dorky guy.  Let me tell you what sealed the deal the night I went out with Akira. 

Well...actually the first time we went out it was arranged by a coworker and my mother....but during then, he wiped out a very old, taped up flash card with a hand drawn map of Japan with little dots describing where he grew up, where he went to school, ect....  During this moment he was so serious, and I was so amused by the map and his seriousness, that that's what made me agree to go on a date with him.

Then during the date....he folded an elephant out of the tip, and as he was doing it, again, very serious, he was like, this is what my people do....we fold paper....which is handy when you're not sure how much to tip.  and then he handed me a little paper elephant...and I thought, well...there goes my panties. 

It wasn't the fancy dinner, his conversation though did help, because he's just so amusing to me, I really can't explain why then other then the fact he's just a good guy and just a dork.  And we can be dorks together, that's the beauty of it.  Here we are, all dolled up, professional young people...and it's great that I can go home and fill up a bunch of water balloons and attack him if he misses dinner from over working and I know he won't even pause, he'll just grap balloons in his pile and it's on.

I worry a lot, and Akira knows that, but I have to say...as paranoid and scared as I am to go spend a week with his family in a country I know nothing about...I'm 100% wonderful with knowing that I'm going to marry my best friend soon.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool. =)
    I'm jealous, but in a good way. I really hope the best for you guys!

    ReplyDelete