Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm sure my uncle means well

He sent this email to my mother....*sigh*  remember how I told you my mother's side is ridicuously rich and what not...I mean, my great great great aunt wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin...yep, that's right, I'm in the same lineage as Harriet Beecher Stowe

Anyhow.... during my cousin's wedding we dined with the Bushes and got a personal tour of the White House and crap...and well...my cheapy elopement...my blue collar ways...seem to be a bit insulting because he wrote my mother this...it was nice...but still...it feels like he's looking down on me...He is certainly insulted by Akira's mother's reaction to me...lol....


Patti:
Thanks for the great update. One of my two favorite movies of the year (the other is Obama's America - 2016) is "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." In that movie, the hotel operator says, "Everything will work out in the end, and if it hasn't worked out, it is not the end." Sounds to me like the end is near and that everything is working out for you all. I am delighted to hear how things have worked out for Tiffany. I am sure that she is happy and excited, and we are for her as well. You have spoken very highly of Akira many times and I can tell that you feel everything is going in the right direction. As you mention, their earlier plans sounded difficult to manage and survive. This approach, on the other hand, is bound to work out very well in the end. Again, we are extremely happy for them and for you. As I read your note, I was thinking about Akira's mother and hopefully she knows that you are Japanese by birth, which should provide a small amount of satisfaction, and Karen said that she will get the pictures together this week that she has been meaning to do for some time of Kimberly when she was the Cherry Blossom Queen. That distinction is very important to the Japanese people, and in Kimberly's case, not only was she the queen, but she was the first queen in history to be invited back to Japan for second visit, which she did. Akira's mother needs to know that she was a guest of the Emperor and that she was honored in several major Japanese cities and that Japanese Ambassador to the United States and the Japanese Speaker of the House, both insisted that Kimberly be present at State visits by the Japanese Government when she was the reigning queen. She was the only queen to ever receive that honor. Anyway, the fact that you were born on Japanese soil and that Tiffany's cousin was so highly honored should give her some comfort.
Now that the wedding is eminent, please let us know what Tiffany and Akira would like as a wedding gift. Sherry's daughter, Jaymie, was married last year and her big thing was a heavy duty KitchenAid mixer along with a few other things. Tiffany may not be thinking of something so practical, and may not be a kitchen-minded, but whatever they would like, we would like to send.
....

Anyhow, the email goes on and on and on...and I know he means well...but I really don't think Akira's family could give a flying flip because I'm not my cousin, I'm the broke girl who is coming to visit...

My mom's family now does military arms contracting...my grandfather started the company that now Dick Cheney is now head of and my uncle branched out to Burdeshaw Assoc. 

so...

It helps me in no way other than it makes me look like the loser of my family....to Akira's family...

*sigh*

:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment