Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Because I'm American

Akira's parents have rejected the notion of us getting married.  That's really too bad because it'll happen anyway.

His parents and old sister went with excuses like, Americans have high divorce rates, Americans do not value family, Americans are this and that...

And you know the entire time Akira was translating....I was amused because it was the first time in my life someone was racist towards me for being American.  I am CONSTANTLY battling racism for Dad being Iranian.  I get called Sand Nigger, Terrorist, Anti-American even...sooooo...I was like, looool, wtf???? 

I'm still surprised.  So Akira started going into detail on how I'm not completely American, that I'm both Iranian and American (which is true), and his parents were like, well I don't know what you mean by that, but she will leave you and you are not thinking seriously about your life and blah blah blah.

Well...Anyhow, his older sister then starts going on about how she had to wait so and so long to get married, and how she's the only one living with the mother and how she's getting married right now that what he's doing isn't fair (even though the damn wedding is a year from now, that we are marrying right now just to get the paperwork going so I can plan the dream wedding in peace).  So I basically can already tell that I'm going to have quite the trip in October, grant it if I'm still invited. 

It's fine, if they keep at it, I'll tell them about the baby.

That shit was recent, and I'll be damned if I'll tolerate being accused of having no family values.

Ah, racism....

No comments:

Post a Comment