Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Nothing to bring back from Japan??? Nope...it's all here.

The Japanese population in California is growing, about 20% are Japanese (they out populate the Chinese migrates actually), with 13% of that being in the States less then ten years. 

As a result....we have many many dining opitions...Akira rarely misses Japanese food or shopping....or bars...or companies...because they all have branches here.  Makes sense.  This state is known for technology...and well...it's just natural that Japanese companies come here.  Across from my office for instance are the following companies....Sony, Toshiba, Hitichi, Panasonic, Toyota headquaters in the States, Mazda headquaters in the States...and that's just in a few blocks from each other. California has a ton of hot springs, moutains, on the ocean (with constant earthquakes), with the mountain areas having four seasons and it's just very similar...though not the same.  It's not humid here at all, it's very dry in fact...but, I enjoy the break from humidity because 20 years on the Gulf of Mexico in southeast Alabama...with nonstop rain in the late summer and 99% humdity...along with yearly hurricanes and flooding.   I have enjoyed the break.  I miss the smell though... 

Anyhow, as a result, there are areas in California that are so Japanese that no one speaks fluent English.  20 min south of our home, there is such an area, and ironically...it's also has a Persian area.  Akira and I always enjoy beebopping in these areas...

You want a tatami dining room complete with a remote control heated kotatsu?  (like we just started to put together) No problem, just go to your local Japanese market (because they are EVERYWHERE) and order one, while enjoying a tea full of boba (thanks China) and/or mochi treat (I know I look like a fat ass in the market, but I'm a bride to be, so I starve myself daily unless I'm out shopping) ....and usually some back and forth bragging on prices and time set ups.   Akira and I make a pretty damn good team when it comes to bragins.  Two weeks ago we got our engagement pictures half off on top of our coupon because...well...no one expected us to just look at the prints and leave, but that's what we did... ^_~

I'll scan them in later and put them on here, they are pretty cute....ANYWAY...

I'm scared about the soon coming visit and move, but I'm pretty damn happy that I won't be going in completely moronic and stupid.  My j-girls though...since they got mad at me that I wasn't going to go all out with a wedding...have kind of been silent the past few weeks.  I got invited to a kimono fashion show (again within a few blocks from work) but I'm going to be tree camping...so...

Another weird thing is that we have nothing to BRING BACK from Japan, because it's all here.  It truly is all here.  I am, however, bringing a box of shoes and make up to leave there...looool...I'll have Akira hide it in his room because I'm sure his mom would consider that very rude of me to assume she would be okay storing her unwanted new daughter-in-law's make up and shoes.  *sigh* 

Life just keeps getting more and more....entertaining...to put it softly.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany,
    I have commented on your blog before, but could not comment for a while because Vietnamese Internet provider blocks blogpot, too much freedom of expression for the likes of communist government. It's unblocked at the moment, but it may just be a technical error.
    I read your previous post and it made me very very sad, I'm sorry to say but Akira sounds like a selfish, unintelligent, petty man. Worst of all, he sounds unloving. I'm using the word 'sounds' deliberately because I only know your side of the story, you may be overwhelmed by your anger, he may have his reasosns for behaving the way he does, etc. But from what I read he makes me want to ban him from dating such a lovely girl as you are.
    Really don't know what to tell you, but please think about your wellbeing. In your last post he sounded like an emotionally abusing sociopath (he has no empathy at all).
    I may not be able to comment once blogspot is blocked, but if you like you can email me. Liza_konig@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liza!!! I'll add your email, mine is persianxrose@gmail.com <3

    Yeah I deleted the post cause it was really unfair to him...there's one major mess up both he and I did...which I'm sure since you read the post that you know what it is....so it can get rough. When I get angry, I release every negitive thing I can think of and say it in the cruelest way possible. Akira is pretty fair and pretty giving...it's just when we fight, because he rarely snaps....it's usually cause he's unhappy about something not related to me and releases it on me instead of the asses that deserve it, and because I'm so upset over the baby and scared...I pop like a volcano ready to pounce at any ounce of resistance Akira gives me. In this case...the fight was extremely childish and he knows he started it and it was taken way too far to get a reaction out of me.

    In all fairness, my temper is hard to handle, I'll yell at anyone who angers me, which isn't the best thing to do...so we were both at fault...but the major issue...I'm not sure how we will work it out for me to be okay with it, because I have so much gulit about it that I throw the blame on him...but I'm sure had I never showed the action any thought...we would have had it...so I'm just as much to blame too :-(

    I've missed you! How's everything going??? Why is blogger getting blocked???

    ReplyDelete