Thursday, July 5, 2012

Yes....no

Sooooo last Friday Akira got a phone call from his parents in Japan. The convo went along the lines of forced light hearted teasing to the serious topic of change of dates of the family gathering. The dates changed one month earlier then expected, leaving Akira unable to go because he already had planned for October by planning his project for work allowing him time to leave. The new dates clash with when he has to do a second opening... So Friday he threw a silent fit with a cuss word thrown here and there.

Not that I have a preferred way people should express anger but with Akira I can never tell what is really bothering him. I even held back my own tears whenever he told me his father requested just the five of them attend (excluding me) and that the October visit was no longer needed. Akira looked at me and held my hand as he was telling me this and told me he couldn't go in sept but that we will be going in October.

So.....these r times when I really need to be fluent in Japanese because I know there r things missing in this ordeal.

Now I'm beyond horrified at moving to Japan. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment