Saturday, October 13, 2012

Keep our families safe

I'm getting extremely worried about our families.  My Father's family is dealing with the loss of brother/son due to natural causes and it is destroying them.  My grandmother has gone crazy thinking she's still in Iran and she's also going blind...even her eyes are turning blue.

I'm even more worried and scared for Akira's family because they are at such a delicate time that what my Father's family is going through could happen to his but not due to natural causes but to poor reaction and meaninglessness.  I can't get the image of my father digging my uncle's grave...or how the other brothers fell to their knees screaming and crying in extreme sorrow...or my grandmother thinking my uncle was just sleeping and trying to unwrap his dead body screaming his name...out of my mind.

I couldn't endure that if it ever happened to Akira...it would break my heart and it would drive him crazy....I know him.

I feel so helpless and I'm so angry at his parents for their denial of very major issues.

I am watching my world change is such sad ways....and I'm realizing the extreme differences I'm a Persian family vs a Japanese one.  Persians base their entire life on love.  It's in the religion, the poems on buildings, songs, food, and just every part of life down to even how they care for their health.  Suicide is an unforgivable sin for Persians because it hurts the family and you are to never hurt the family.  The body cannot even be buried if its a suicide...it's to be left to rot then burned without any markings of the event or person....all pictures and things are to be destroyed because that person's action destroyed an entire community. Their name also vanishes...it's forbidden to ever say it again.

Here in the USA it's also seen as something extremely tragic and selfish.  I hate that suicide and prostitution are glorified in Japan.

I just don't understand and every few hours I'm in tears for the two most important men in my life....my father and Akira.

I don't think I have prayed this much in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment