Monday, October 8, 2012

One angle of Japan

Akira told me something that I disagree with...that the fear Japanese people have towards westerners is that they fear they are superior...which I have to admit it is VERY clear that Japan is occupied and kept u der thumb by the USA.  Our military is everywhere and in full force in Japan... But I would think that it would install a decent amount of hate and extreme distrust because our military isn't exactly what I would call polite or careful....which seems to be the core of Japanese ethics...they are the most prepared, just in case it whatever happens there's a plan and another plan....and everything is just very safe....  Along with everything has a ceremony so that everything is presented correctly to be appreciated correctly...completely different from the west.  In the west either you don't present anything or you're a show off and show everything...there's no real middle ground so proper people never talk about money or show their wealth or u can live ur life like a rock star and show off the pice that's mounted to ur wall...

But I guess the Japanese found a way to...just make everything a show...and that show completely stressed me out.   It's a mixture of modesty but the high stress of over appreciation that set my years in charm schools and southern belle raising out the window.  His family seemed to be more nervous about me due to my breeding according to Akira (who presented his family with my family's history...which made them more worried I think because well...it's a lot to take in) so everything was highly ceremonialized and left me completely at a loss of just...well...actions besides smiling and memorizing every tiny detail of whatever was in front of me.

Needless to say...I was very very tired the entire trip.  I have pretty freaky gift due to my iq...I remember in images constantly and in order...so all the signs all the scenic views...all of it made me extremely tired.  It was the first time in my life that I literally fell asleep while standing in line...but I didn't know I was asleep because I was dreaming the streaming lines of data at the Tokyo station.  I never could tell when I would fall asleep...another thing that freaked me out.  Akira's family enjoyed the fact that my iq was high, fixing printers or clocks..but I told them it was wasted because I wasn't doing anything amazing with it...that it was like my sports car...I always put it in Eco mode.  But it made me so tired.  It made things a little easier though a week in...I started recognizing words in Japanese and got use to the conformity which feels very comforting I might add.  I started figuring out the value of money there because Akira rarely explained much to me.  He seemed annoyed to explain everything to me and my lists of questions went mostly unanswered...

Course there were 'protests' against the USA and China while I was there, along with three typhoons... But I can say because we were in the Niigata prefecture, that we were isolated from all that ruckus.

There's a lot more to write on, but I'm sick and I really want to nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment