Monday, January 21, 2013

Crack a window, my ass is roasting

So the slow cooking of my ass has finally started.  I was wondering when the inlaw visit drama would start.  I was hoping it would be NEXT Monday, but that's just wishful thinking isn't it?

Like discussed before, there is a beach house rented for them for the week, but the issue that started the pressure cooker was who would pick them up at the airport.  Now I have a very very small company, we're 15 people at most, and half of those are on call consultants that we keep off hand because it's hard to find employees that are not half brain dead (gamers smoke a lot of pot, and while I have nothing against pot, I prefer my employees to show up to work sober, which in the world of tech support, is a lot harder then you'd think).  So anyhow, I run this joint (sorry for the lame pun, i couldn't resist) with my brother, and we can usually run it on our own, but prefer to work as a team.  My little brother is a student, so he has classes on Friday.  I told Akira this last Friday.

Guess who got yelled at for not being able to leave work THIS Friday to pick up HIS family from the airport??? I did.  Why?  Cause Akira doesn't want to take the day off, he wants to work a half day (which is a full day of work for us normal folks).  He has paid leave and salary and a multi billion dollar company behind his work, whereas I have a business loan, some family, and two sober techs most of the time to take care of my crappy tech company.

Anyhow, he threw a hissy fit, and slammed the bathroom door and pouted, while I got ready for work (popping a prozac...I went two days without it...but you know...it's time to go back full force).  Then I find out that Akira can't take any more weekend days off, so now I won't see him 7 days out of the week, just for early morning coffee and our late dinners.  So that made me even more annoyed because guess what?  He is working for most of the time his family is here...so guess who gets to let her work suffer???  That's right...the wife.

So.... fun fun.  I'm sure their trip will be okay...but I know for sure Akira is going to hit a few nerves with me.  I'm also upset with his boss (who is the CEO's son of the company) for forbidding Akira to take off one of the same days as his wife.  Whatever.  Japanese family values for you!











No comments:

Post a Comment