Friday, January 4, 2013

Guns and the Japanese

So...Japan had something that I was not use to not seeing...guns.

Now I was raised in Alabama, the heart of the South, and I'm very happy about that aspect of my life because despite my prissy ways, as soon as I talk, I'm a country girl.  I think that shocks people the most..that and the fact that I have no issue teaching someone some manners even if it means breaking their nose to make them calm down.  Again...this falls into the typical American form of hating bullshit and performing an action to stop the bullshit as soon as possible.  We are famous for it.  It's why our politics get so dirty, why our comedy is so sarcastic, and why sexy is more related to sex and cute is more related to children.  In other words, after A comes B.  In Japan...if A comes...you are suppose to repeat A...and it's a constant polite loop that makes business slow and personal interactions a bit fake.  The only plus to that kind of interaction is that rarely there is open confrontation.  Whereas in the USA...debates...even heated...are welcomed as a sign of honest progress...at least...that's idea behind it. It's also why the general population is so pro-war...because the propaganda that fuels it is usually some reason along the lines of freedom and justice...when in reality it's all a lie...but that's another topic.


Anyhow, in light of the recent school shooting in America...a lot of the Japanese people I know (which is mainly women might I add) have gone super super anti-gun.  To the point to where...I just feel sorry for Japan in that respect.  Japan was never a gun free country.  USA occupation (as in, when Japan lost to the USA and we set up a ton of bases and forced them to completely get rid of their military.  We now are considered Japan's military...which to me sounds a lot like the USA turning Japan into an American colony...) forced Japan to outlaw any rights to owning any kind of weapon, this includes swords, a stamp of Japan's culture.  This is due to the fact that defeat in war...or in anything...isn't accepted unless it's a crippling defeat.  In which...well... suicide follows.  That's just culture.  In order to combat the culture and turn Japan into a massive work horse, the USA promised protect to Japan from her enemies and granted an insane amount of money to help rebuild the USA's new treasure...Japan.  

So... while Japan operates itself...it has follow strict guide lines of its conqueror or else...

And the military is very much active in Japan, as I got to see first hand in Japan.  Again...I felt really really bad for Japan.  Had it avoided defeat...or war...it would probably be a very different country right now... Instead of what it is...

Of course, had all this mess not happened, I might still be a single woman, lol.  Another interesting tid bit is that most Japanese/American marriages are usually a Japanese woman to an American soldier who got stationed in Japan.  Which makes sense.  I could also write why Japanese women tend to marry soldiers...but again...that's for another post.



Anyhow, I sit and listen to these women freaking out over guns and their kids, and I understand their fear, Japanese scare very easy (also to my surprise), but I will say the USA is no where near as safe as Japan is.  That's not due to having no guns, that's just due to the high amount of energy spent on honne and maintaining group harmony.  That is why crime is low in Japan, why organized crime is VERY high in Japan, and why safety in Japan has zero relation to whether its citizens can have guns or not.  Japan is safe because of its people, not due to lack of resources.  

Now...I do believe in people owning guns and using them reasonably and that I have used a gun in protection (no I didn't shoot anyone) and I can say, as a form of protection...nothing works better.

So, anytime I hear the Japanese complain about our guns...it's very hard for me to keep my honne in check, because all I can think is that these people don't understand that they are currently occupied by another country that owns guns and took away THEIR GUNS and that stating such things like "Well Japan is so safe because we made guns illegal and the USA should learn from us."  is completely and 100% false.  Japan is safe because the Japanese are very safe people and a very group orientated culture.  America has no standard culture.  The culture is constantly changing and evolving in accordance to immigration.   Two decades ago, someone that looked like Angelina Jolie or Kim Kardashian would not be a sex symbol because the typical sex symbol was a blonde due the the high amount of polish and german immigrates.  Currently Mexico and the Middle east have the highest form of immigration which is why darker, curvier women are mainstream in America.  The same can be said about Japan's sexual obsession with cuteness and white features...due to the high amount of influence Japan has from America.  One example is circle contact lens and how every woman between 18-35 has their hair dyed lighter.  

Back to topic...end of the story is, guns don't kill people, people kill people and how people behave is largely influenced by culture and the culture's view and form of aggression.

End rant, lol. 








No comments:

Post a Comment