Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Nom nom nom

Well I have to admit...even though my NYE wasn't very exciting...I really loved this New Years.

I've always gone out for NYE.  You know me...flashy dresses and drinking and partying and spending the next day hung over watching the Rose Parade...but this year...we went Japanese.  ;-)

First we went to Ikea and used one of our wedding gifts (an Ikea gift card) and got a new coffee table, a book shelf, tatmai like mats, a new dining table and chairs and some paintings (the fake mats were as to not offend anyone for using a sitting table instead of a Japanese one...Akira's idea...not mine...but looks great none the less).  We spent NYE putting everything together, which took about four hours...then prepared an amazing sushi dinner <3 .  It was delightful, and even though we didn't stay up til midnight because Akira had work at 4am....it was really lovely to have a successful project together followed by a romantic dinner.  Pics below...



So it was very very pleasant...

Akira and I had a bit of a fight the night before NYE, but it was quickly resolved because I wrote it off to him just being a grump due to being tired from work.  Understandable...somewhat...

Other than that...I don't feel like writing anymore...so I'll write more tomorrow :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment