Friday, August 23, 2013

Mini update

I'm a zombie because I had some horrible nightmares last night so pardon me if I don't make any sense lol.

First of all, I want to say thank you to my few but totally awesome readers.  I don't think my life is very exciting, but it's always pretty weird and dramatic, looool.  So thank you for checking up on me and seeing if I'm okay...I'm okay loooool. 

I had a string of friends die over the summer...and it landed me back home in Alabama for a week...which was interesting.  It had been 8 years since I had gone back home (I left at 20) and while it was nice to see everyone and to show Akira around...it only enforced the fact that it's pretty impossible for me to live a happy life there.  (I'm not Christian, I'm a half breed married to a Japanese guy...I think everyone looked at us like we were crazy) Plus you know, I'm hitting 30 without kids, which is unheard of in the rural swamps of Alabama where I grew up.  So yeah...but it was still kinda fun despite the fact another friend died while we were there and the weather was nuts. 

I came home to learn that our business is going under.  I haven't been allowed access to any accounting records for about a year now so I'm not sure how we could be suffering so badly.  This is now resulting in me looking for a new job, probably a paralegal job since I'm lovingly nicknamed "Firecracker" but the residing judge here everytime I enter his courtroom.  I also made another decision...

I'm going to retake my LSATs (since they expired) and see if I can get a scholorship for law school.  It looks like Akira's contract is going to last a lot longer then we expected...so my fear of a big move is on hold so I figured...well...may as well try for it.  I was accepted at Chapman Law (partner of Stanford Law) when I was 23...but my LSATs were amazing.  I'm really sad they expired...but I heard some schools average out all attempts at the test, so maybe that'll be good because it's been a long time since I've studied for them. 


But I have gotten a lot of closure this summer.  I am off Prozac and even though life hasn't been all butterflies and unicorns, I'm very grateful and happy. 

I gained some weight getting off my meds...so I'm using a weight doctor to get back down again.

Other than that...not loving the tight budget but that will hopefully change soon.




2 comments:

  1. hey hey, sorry to hear about your friends passing but glad to hear you are calm and forward thinking. i guess that's why this blog has been so quiet, you've had no need to vent.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 Yeah it was either too busy or too boring to write lately, lol. But I'm trying to get back into the groove now. How's everything with you going???

      Delete